105mm heavy Flak
This little diorama is a rework of an older work of mine. I have had an
idea of making the arrangement of this huge german flak more different,
hopefully a better way. I did'nt like my
earlier work anymore, maybe because my modelling skills have hade
become a bit better over the years? Anyway.
doubt this high quality scale modelling kit of the german producer
Airmodel deserved some change.
At first I did some extensive reworks with the Flak it self. Also I've
removed its crew completely. Poor made figures and badly painted - at
least for my current demands. Have mixed a new shade of grey and
sprayed several layers at different areas and very gently. Have added
some more black and yellow, at least some white and finaly some more
white for the most bleached areas of this fix mounted gun. Alway's have
added up to 25 % clear varnish to achieve an more or less shining
effect. All details I have re-painted using a fine hair brush and
The gun I have placed on the same base but did here lots of re-works as
well. Have added some more debris, snow and shell cases. I've tried to
create a frozen situation after a very cold night. For this I did lots
of experiments with Tamiya Flat Base, more or less diluted with
Isopropylalcohol. It's a bit miss or hit but some very remarkably
effects are possible. I have sprayed different layers around the gun
mounting and the ground nearby. This caused an effect of frozen metal.
With clear Varnish I have simulated more wet areas. Micro painting
followed to simulate some areas of mud and muddy sprinkles at the lower
areas of the gun mounting.
The figure I have sculpured myself - except for the head which is from
Hornet range. I've used a sceleton of wire like shown step by step in
this little article here: